Tuesday, June 04, 2013

Partially out of a lack of desire to write my thesis and partially because I am possibly way too excited about this, I thought I would share my latest PVAP find with everyone. About nine months ago Rich hired me to analyze the PVAP ceramics (I'm still not quite sure why I said yes), but one of the perks of exploring the PVAP collection (as most of you know) is that you often come across really cool things.


Possibly the first anthropomorph found on Fremont pottery?  Rich told me I couldn't graduate until I found the head- I think it may be a long summer. 

2 comments:

PBN said...

So cool! Very similar to some of the Mimbres Style III stuff we are pulling out of my site. Very cool to see this in the Fremont region. Have you seen the photo of the Snake Valley sherd with mountain sheep on it? Cady Jardine found it at the Smithsonian.

Krich said...

That's so cool that it looks like Mimbres stuff! I have seen the mountain sheep sherd, I was actually at the Smithsonian in February and got to see it in person. It was pretty sweet!